The Allen Institute’s internship program is an intensive summer experience designed to provide mentorship and research experience for undergraduate students who are interested in bioscience.
The program starts on June 19, 2017 and runs 10-12 weeks. Interns are expected to work 35-40 hours a week.
The deadline to apply is February 17, 2017.
Areas of Research
- Modeling, Analysis and Theory
- Molecular Genetics
- Neural Coding
- Computational Neuroanatomy
- Human Cell Types
- Manufacturing and Process Engineering
- Morphology and 3D Reconstruction
- Optical Physiology
- Information Technology
- Cell Science
In addition to working with scientists across the Institute, interns will have the opportunity to participate in fun activities and workshops, attend scientific lectures and present their work at the end of the internship period.
View current internship opportunities by clicking below.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Enrolled in undergraduate studies or in a Master’s program. You must be enrolled and returning to school Fall quarter.
- Must be able to start on June 19th, 2017 and commit to the full 10-12 week internship time period. Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours a week.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Interns will receive $15.00 per hour which is equivalent to $6,000 less taxes.
Housing is not provided as a part of the internship program. If selected, we will provide a list of housing resources for you.
Interns will be provided with an Orca card (Seattle transportation card) free of charge for the duration of their internship.
How to Apply
- Complete an application through the Clear Company portal. The application deadline is February 17, 2017.
- Submit a resume as well as the following documents using the + supplemental documents button:
- A personal statement describing your interest in Allen Institute for Brain Science
- College transcript with Cumulative GPA and Courses taken (can be unofficial)
- Send one letter of recommendation to HR@alleninstitute.org
If you have any further questions please contact us at HR@alleninstitute.org.
Can I apply to more than one internship position?
Yes, you can apply to multiple internship openings. You will need to fill out a separate application for each position but will only need to submit one recommendation letter.
Will I receive a confirmation my application was received?
Yes, you should receive an automated response confirming receipt of your application. If you do not please email HR@alleninstitue.org.
When we will I contacted for an interview?
The application deadline is February 17, 2017. You should be contacted by a hiring manager or mentor for an interview between the date you applied and March 1, 2017.
What is the interview process like?
You will be contacted by a hiring manager or mentor for a phone interview. Please expect multiple phone interviews with team members. At this time in person interviews are not required as part of the selection process.
Do interns receive benefits?
Interns will accrue paid sick days and receive a free Seattle transportation card (Orca Business Passport).
Do you provide visa or immigration assistance?
At this time interns must meet our basic eligibility requirement of being a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
Do you provide relocation assistance?
We are unable to offer relocation assistance at this time. Upon acceptance of an intern position we will provide you with housing resources in the Seattle area.
Didn’t see your question answered here? Please reach out to HR@alleninstitute.org